Who we are:
IFAB (International Foundation Artificial Intelligence and Big Data for Human Development) is a foundation dedicated to developing projects in the field of Artificial Intelligence within an ecosystem centered around the Technopole of Bologna (where the largest Italian computing infrastructure is located). It involves collaboration with leading Italian universities and over 30 innovative companies.
We are actively recruiting a skilled and motivated candidate to join our team as a Pysicist/Meteorologist for an exciting project focused on advancing weather forecasting’s role in informing the energy sector and broader infrastructural systems. As a key team member, you will play a crucial role in developing innovative frameworks for accurate and granular weather forecasts, along with contributing to future climate projections related to energy and infrastructure.
- Master’s or higher degree in Physics, Meteorology, or related field.
- Entry level or up to 3 years of experience in meteorology, or a related field.
- Be able to manipulate large-datasets and post-process them.
- Have solid foundations on atmospheric physics, in particular on fine-scale processes (such as windstorms, heatwaves etc.)
- Be able to actively contribute to the modelling activities for statistical or ML-driven weather forecasting tools.
- Knowledge about grib2 and netcdf formats is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with statistical techniques and modeling.
- Proficiency in Python programming.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
Bologna, Via Galliera 32, Italy
What we offer:
- A key role within IFAB, a unique ‘not-for-profit’ organization, committed to the development of the Italian ecosystem for technology transfer in the fields of data and AI, within the innovative context of the Technopole of Bologna.
- An opportunity to collaborate with leading companies and innovative research institutes in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
- Professional development and the chance to contribute significantly to the success of ‘for human development’ projects that make a lasting impact and improve the quality of life for individuals and the competitiveness of our companies.
- Flexible work arrangements in a young and highly motivated team, united by strong shared values.
Invia il tuo CV attraverso il form qui sotto: