- Development of expertise in high-performance computing and Artificial Intelligence.
- Intersection between high-performance computing technologies and Artificial Intelligence and other scientific and humanities domains with a particular focus on their impact on the economy and society.
- Elaboration of medium-term and long-term scenarios regarding the development of science and technology in response to the Millennium Goals defined by the UN.
- Development of multidisciplinary research activities aimed at analysing the transformation of common goods linked to knowledge, the relationship between science and production as well as education systems as fundamental externalities for sustainable human development, the digital transformation of businesses and public administration, and the elaboration of scenarios for the application of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data to both the private and public sector.
- Study of policies aimed at fostering open, inclusive and sustainable human development.
- Organisation of conferences and seminars, also aimed at the general public, to promote the value and significance of data and data processing in different applied fields, analysing the impacts on people and on sustainable and inclusive development.