Professor of Philosophy and Ethics of Information at the University of Oxford and Director of the Digital Ethics Lab at Oxford Internet Institute, Luciano Floridi is the new President of the IFAB International Scientific Board.
The International Scientific Board is the scientific steering body of the Foundation, it defines the strategic guidelines and elaborates medium and long-term scenarios on the developments of sciences and technologies as per Regional Statute of June 17, 2019, n. 7, in response to the development goals of the millennium defined by the United Nations.
The Board comprises nine prominent personalities of the international scientific system:
- Ursula Rita Bassler, President of the CERN Council
- Luciano Floridi, Professor of Philosophy and Ethics of Information and Director of the Digital Ethics Lab, Oxford Internet Institute | University of Oxfo
- Anna Grassellino, Director, National Quantum Information Science Research Center SQMS and Senior Scientist, Fermilab
- Thomas Lippert, Institute for Advanced Simulation (IAS), Jülich Supercomputing Centre
- Florence Rabier, Director General of the European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF)
- Alec Ross, Visiting Professor, Bologna Business School
- Mateo Valero Cortés, Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- Alessandro Vespignani, Director of the Network Science Institute and Sternberg Family Professor at Northeastern University
- Alberto Sangiovanni Vincentelli, University of California, Berkeley
See also International Scientific Board.